Criminal Lawyer for Immigrants

Reasons for Removal  or Deportation

Removal (previously called Deportation) occurs when the United States government determines that a foreign-born individual should no longer be in the United States, and legally removes that person from the United States. 

Exclusion vs. Deportation

Exclusion is determined when the foreign individual is seeking entry into the United States. Thus, when you are attempting to get a green card, a visa or just cross the border, you can potentially be excluded from consideration. If the United States has determined that you should be excluded, you cannot attempt to re-enter the U.S. for at least one year. It is a felony offense if you do re-enter before the end of that year. You must also gain permission from the BCIS before re-entering.

A person who is already in the United States is potentially subject to removal or deportation. A person here illegally, or with a valid visa or green card, can be deported. If you have been deported, you cannot gain re-entry into the United States for at least five years. It is a felony if you re-enter before the end of the five years. You must also receive permission from the BCIS before you re-enter.

Reasons for Deportation or Exclusion

Because staying in the United States is a privilege and not a right for non-citizens, the United States government can force an individual to return to his or her home country for a number of reasons, such as:

  • Committing fraud or misrepresenting a material fact in order to get a visa, green card, etc.
  • Convicted of a narcotics crime. Note: possessing a very small amount of marijuana may fall into an exception to this rule.
  • Convicted of murder, illegal trafficking of firearms, money laundering, or crime of violence that carried a sentence of 5 or more years. Attempt or conspiracy to commit these crimes is also grounds for deportation.

Stopping Removal / Deportation

If you have been served with an order for deportation proceedings, you still may be able to stay in the United States. There are several different ways you can seek relief from deportation. Some methods for relief from deportation include:  

Suspend deportation - A deportable alien must fulfill the following criteria to suspend deportation:

  • The alien must be continuously and physically present in the United States for at least seven years
  • The alien must be of good moral character
  • Religion
  • The alien must show that if deported, this would cause extreme hardship on the alien or the family

Asylum - Asylum may be granted to individuals who have been persecuted or who fear future persecution in the home country because of:

  • Race
  • Nationality
  • Religion
  • Political belief or opinion
  • Membership in a certain social group

Withholding of deportation - Withholding of deportation can occur for reasons similar to granting asylum. Unlike individuals granted asylum, however, an individual granted a withholding of deportation cannot apply for permanent residence and can be deported to a different country than the home country.

Voluntary departure - Voluntary departure is usually granted by an immigration judge after an order of deportation for an individual who seeks to leave voluntarily in lieu of forced deportation.

source: legalmatch

If you are undocumented and need Legal Help for DWI or DUI, Without a License, Drugs' Possession or Domestic Violence. You can contact Attorney Frank Yeverino (713) 545-2520, who specializes in Undocumented Criminal Defense of the, he will take personally the call to assist you directly and quickly. The Fy Law Firm helps you.

 10 Criminal Lawyer for Immigrants

Criminal Lawyer for Immigrants

Drunk Driving, Driving Under the Influence DWI, Driving Under the Influence DUI, Accidents, Personal Injury Compensation, Claim for Personal Injury, Personal Injuries, Possession of Drugs, Criminal, Drug Related Offenses, Drug traffic, Possession of Marijuana, Domestic violence, False Charges of Violence, Arrest for Domestic Violence, Family Cases, Divorces, Legal Custody of Children, Child Support, Alimony, Driving without a Driver's License, Driving without a License, Arrest for Driving without a License, Drive with Expired License, Locate my husband with the ID, Federal Crimes, Undocumented, Criminal Defense for the Undocumented, Criminal Defense for Immigrants, Defense for Immigrants, The Fy Law Firm

The FY Law Firm, P.C.

The Attorney Frank Yeverino, from The The FY Family Law Firm, established in Houston Texas, talks about himself as a General Partner.



  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

© The FY Law Firm, P.C.
Web page & Internet Marketing by LaraNet | | Expand Your Business!